At least somehow I got a pretty good picture of the group. And they definitely enjoyed themselves (especially after about 8pm until 9:30! that's soooo late for them!).
At least we got to talk to Uncle Nate on the phone (which was wonderful) and Nana was able to receive this GREAT present from Makinzie: a plastic "play kitchen" bowl with old tissue paper flowers from her Valentine's box in it and her finger puppet butterfly. All placed on top of a round foam block and covered by Coleson's blanket. It came with the strict instructions that Nana could keep the blanket, but not the puppet. So generous!
Coleson and Addellyn spent most of the evening playing with this flashlight, chasing the light on the floor and then shining it on the ceiling. Coleson kept saying: "where'd go, where'd go" as he went around and around in circles. He would hold the flashlight in one hand and then try to get the light that was shining on the ground with his other hand, so, of course, he never caught the light...he looked like a puppy chasing its tail. Then after about 8:30 they all reverted to singing opera (I'm the Barber of Seville is their overall favorite) at the top of their lungs and falling on the floor and screaming "ow, hahahha!"
What a CRaZy day! But, thank goodness for moms! We definitely love our moms! And now, I know just how much our moms went through for the babies they love...Thanks moms! We love and adore you!
6 comments:
LOL! I cracked up laughing of your little girl giving your mom a present! haha. And your little boy tyring to get the light from the flashlight...too funny! Your blog is so cute Andrea!
I love you... sounds just as pleasant as my mother's day. Jeremy of course left for work as I was leaving for church and didn't come home until well after 11. However, my sister invited the kids and I over for dinner so I could have a break... but guess that was a bad idea because I left my car lights after church and the battery died so I stayed home with the kids after all... FUN FUN!
I love the look on mom's face! Here's what the caption should be: "Uh...thanks Kinzie. Can I really keep the blanket? Really?" Love it.
Miss you guys!
That present is classic. What would mother's day be without reminding us of the "joys" of being a mother. :) cute updates.
Just wondering what your plans are concerning moving back east. How much longer are you around?
Hope you are doing well and I hope to hear from you soon. Are you on FaceBook?
Okay, have you made it to your old/new home? Call/email/smoke signal when you arrive and get settled. I miss you already. Hope everything is good. I'll have to hit your mom up for info on Sunday...
Post a Comment