Thursday, September 23, 2010

So, why not celebrate, and CELEBRATE some more!

When you turn three, that's about all you want to do anyway...So Wednesday night we invited over a few friends.
Coleson REALLY wanted a "peter pan fights captain hook" birthday party. So, we tried to simplify as much as we could, but still satisfy the want :)...
Here's the Pirate Ship "cake"...(notice the use of leftover krispie treats from Sunday to make masts and the rest is boxed 9x13 brownies...no frosting.) The kids wore their AWESOME new costumes to make the party more "peter pan-ish."And, Ty (ie Captain Hook, according to Coleson) made a very cool treasure box and took the kids on a "treasure map hunt" for the box. Once they found the box, they each got a piece of Captian Hook's treasure! Thank goodness for a VERY cool daddy!
AND...we had to celebrate on his actual Birthday as well...
How did we get Addellyn to say her primary part into the microphone? By promising she could make this Rice Krispie treat dinosaur after church with her daddy...which also turned out to be a GREAT "birthday cake" after all of our present opening (I love when you can satisfy 2 needs with one thing!)
Very cool new book, with some slightly scary animals in it. See those exciting "story telling" eyebrows I referred to a while ago? So glad I got them on camera.Think he is pretty happy about his "real" hook? He's been using all kinds of plastic hangers, so he was pretty thrilled!
Nothing like a peter pan set for "the real" peter pan. I love watching 3 year-olds open presents because EVERYTHING is perfectly wonderful!

2 comments:

Melissa S. said...

Yep, that picture of Coleson looking at the "Scary" book is priceless and AWESOME!

Lindsey said...

These pictures are just adorable. Is that Tiger Lily I see?