Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Tyler!

What could I do for the most wonderful man in the world on his Birthday???
I started by putting him to work: painting the "new" base boards (from when we replaced the flooring...about a year ago).Then I let the little ones show him their gift. (This way he spent a few hours keeping them fully entertained.)But, at least he is getting a little bit of playtime, right?Because after lunch, I put him right back to work! Beckett found that watching daddy work from the back porch was extrememly exhausting.And these two would only tag along for the "play" time...they weren't too interested when daddy started pulling weeds and planting seeds, so, they painted his Birthday cards instead!Thank goodness for wonderful church friends who brought chicken enchiladas for dinner!!! (I'm sure that's what he had requested.) I did manage to make some apple crisp so that we could sing Happy Birthday and let him blow out a few candles!Present time! I found this AWESOME airplane in the closet that we bought for him a while back (actually, I think his parents were the ones who paid for it, but it gave him something to open, right?) AND, we bought him a storm door to install all by himself!All this celebrating was beginning to wipe out the little one again...Nana and Papa sent a great book in the mail, so there was at least one "surprise" for him to open.But, honestly, I worked really, REALLY hard to give my FAVORITE man this little snuggler by his Birthday...which should compensate for everything else the day was lacking and make it the BEST Birthday ever!Because by the end of the day, the most wonderful man in the world definitely deserved a really good snuggle!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Awww...what a great post about your hubby! Happy Birthday to him!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness you are adorable. And what a great birthday for Ty! Happy Bday Tyler :)