Friday, November 1, 2013

the first half of July came and went

This is what Evaleigh was like before the 4th (I looked about the same)
 red. white. blue. biscuits and gravy. Happy 4th of July!! (We also had some VERY exciting company on the 4th. We chatted for a little bit, then we all went to a big fireworks party together, we came home and the kids "went to sleep," while the grown-ups chatted some more; until waaaay too late, they got up to eat cereal and were off. So fun to see the Smith family again!)
And this is what she (and I) looked like after the 4th.  Those nasty summer colds are the worst!

It did get us out of rainy day weeding in the yard though!
LUCKILY, we were better JUST ;) in time to dress up like cows and get free chik-fil-a food!
 "I see. Kooot. MMMMrrr" (translation: I want to see a picture of me as a cute cow) 
 She liked to help pick LOTS of squash and zucchini during July--and take big bites out of them raw!
 She still tries to climb the crib, even if she falls like this every time.
 Popsicles

 And ice cream cones (chocolate may not have been the best flavor choice) are the favorite summertime treat around here.
 We don't need shirts when it's hot, but, we DO need to have our flip flops on!
 We took a fun trip to the Natural Science Center and Aquarium with the Theodosis family.
  Coleson LOVED the sharks
 Evaleigh liked watching Makinzie perform puppet shows (she was getting pretty tired at this point because it was past her naptime).
And Addellyn liked combing the hair of the sheep and goats.

1 comment:

brooks said...

I think we were talking WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much that BOTH of us forgot to take ANY pictures of the whole 4th of July. hahaha.
Jealous you went out w/ the Theodossis family too.
And really, I have a had a LOT of 1 year olds and none have come CLOSE to unscrewing a lid.......infact, my almost 3 year old STILL can't. We're coordinated here.