They were a bit excited to get to the bus stop...
He was VERY happy to be going to school on the bus (I begged him to let me drive him to school the first week and he begged me to let him ride the bus--so he won). However, this SUPER happy face was a bit deflated after the "really long and hot" bus ride home and the "not so great" day at school (he feels very old, very tall, and a bit annoyed by all of the material they are being presented at school--it's just too EASY. "I can tell they are giving the other kids that cry and whine about being there the most attention," "we only sang songs like twinkle, twinkle little star and traced things that I can do myself, probably so it could make the other kids feel better, but it was REALLY boring,""I just want to learn COOL stuff" )
She is growing up WAY too fast--she proudly wore the shirt she bought with her own money on the first day.
Addellyn made a necklace with her name on it and a special necklace for her teacher (at least she still acts like a little girl in some respects!) She was thrilled to have her own pair of skinny jeans.
She was excited to leave the house in the morning, she thought the bus was a wonderful thing to see,
and she couldn't wait to go see it again when they were coming home.
I really wish I had taken pictures of them getting off of the bus too. And video taped my conversations with them...It's sad to see them get on the bus super excited and then see them bummed as they get off. After the first few days the bus ride got much easier and the girls had happy faces as they arrived home--but Coleson continues to come home disappointed. Hopefully we can figure out a way to remedy that.
This girl LOVES riding in the stroller! We go for a long walk after the kids get on the bus each day, she chants "shroller" and "go, go, GO" as the kids put their shoes on and prepare to head out the door each morning, she can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment